Saturday 21 January 2012

The Australian Open - Tennis

I've been watching the Aussie Open.  Most of the time I've been wondering why we are having to endure so may games featuring grunting and shrieking women.  We also have to endure endless Australians of both sexes. We could have watched Tsonga or Monfils - we could have watched our own Marina Erakovic but did we - Hell No!

But today I found out why we are getting this woeful coverage! After watching the camera trained on the cleavage of a delightful young lady as she bent to wait for the serve, then being treated to the shapely derriere of another young woman walking back to her court position, I now know this has nothing to do with women's tennis as a sport.  It's just that men like watching young women in skimpy outfits on  courts. And Aussie is a bigger bully than us so we have to watch what they want on SKY.


I have long held the opinion that the male audience is also the reason why women's netball gets so much TV airing. While I can see the point of participating in netball, I've yet to find great merit in watching it. Maybe I'm just not really into scantily clad women jiggling their bits while advertising their best features.

Or maybe I'm missing the point somehow - after all - no-one is forcing the lasses to bare almost all - maybe it's all some mate-attracting ritual that I never quite got into.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!